Sunday 9 December 2007

End of a Chapter ...

http://www.kemplen.co.uk/
It has come to the end of a project, and I must say it has been an enjoyable and interesting experience. Looking back through the weeks, I have come to realise just how a project such as this can open your eyes and allow you to become aware of so many things.

Through discussions and education from Nigel, I found myself learning about things that I had never been aware of, further developing my understanding of topics (such as the Internet) that I thought I knew so well, but yet it became apparent that in fact had so much more to learn. The group discussions were challenging and interesting, they allowed me to understand subject matters from different aspects, it made me aware that when thinking about something, you have to consider it from more than one angle and theres so many different views and angles to consider it from.

*Group Work...

This week was the final week to meet the completion date, it was tough, however as a group it was collectively possible. Mette finished off putting the group work onto the wiki and Leda and I started and completed the first version of the Conclusion. Everyone has different styles of writing which can sometimes be a little bit of a problem, so Jana and Mette tweaked the conclusion to how they wanted it and it was added to the Wiki and all was complete. It felt good!

*What have I learnt...

Time management and organised plans has proved to be very important throughout out project. We implemented a plan so that we as a group had focus and a target to work towards. At times it could be difficult to follow these plans as there was often technological difficulties, however with persistence and patient, it wasn’t difficult to overcome these problems.

As a group, we found that everyone has different styles of writing, which did prove to be a problem. Despite this, we realised that this was going to be an obstacle that throughout the project we had to learn to adapt to, there was no way to solve or change it, as it would require people to change they was they write texts, so as a result what we did do was, we made sure we wrote the text and presented to each other and then thought about how we could tweak the text a little to suit everybody and more importantly, it had to be written so that it was coherent and focused on the topic. So from this I have learnt that you have to be understanding and compromising and aware that there is not set way to do something, therefore you must be flexible, willing and compromising.

Overall, I don’t think as a group we had many problems which caused any major problems that affected out productivity.


www.jupiterimages.com

*What went well...?

Our communication as a group was brilliant, we chose not to present or store any information, text or pictures that we found on the group wiki as we kept this clean and tidy and alternatively, we found email was the best option for us as a group. We very regularly emailed one another anything that was related to the project and what we had found. It became evident that through email communication, our group were very efficiently communicating with one another, and this made a difference to our production as we were more effective and able to communicate with each other easily.

Overall, the hard work and persistence has meant that the wiki came together and it looks great, I have never done anything like this before and the finished product speaks for itself. I am proud of my contribution to the group work, but I am also very proud of my group have produced. I haven't worked with some members of the group before, but its been interesting and a learning curve for me and I have really enjoyed working with different people. * Well Done to Virtual4 *

There's been so much that I have learnt from this topic, and I could write / talk forever, (which im sure you have gathered) but my previous blogs speak for themselves, I have enjoyed this course a lot, and the class was great as they contributed to this experience, and importantly Nigel has been one of the best tutors I have ever had. His way of teaching has been brilliant, its like I made a friend as well as a tutor, hes honestly been brilliant, quite lucky to have had the opportunity to work with him.

* Thanks to Nigel for all your hard work and for being so supportive..*
www.cartoonstock.com

So its been a journey, and might I add that this has been an enjoyable and learning opportunity for me... This is my final blog, but i'm considering creating my own personal blog, but i'm a little unsure about what and how much personal information I want to put on the Internet as Ive become aware through this course just how easily accessible information on the Internet is to other people, but something I am thinking about .. But my thoughts are, I might start a blog not because I want people to read it, but because I might want to use it as a personal space to voice my thoughts and opinions, somewhere I can reflect and a way to track myself, for me to look back on...

Anyway, I could go on for hours ... So I had better love you and leave you!!


Final Thoughts:

Thankyou to my group for your support and for the work we have produced...
Thankyou to Nigel for your support and the opportunity you have given to us!

Wish you all a Merry Christmas and many Happy Celebrations in the New Year...

Khristina xxx

No comments: