Tuesday 16 October 2007

Week 1 - Reflection

The concept of keeping an online journal in the form of a blog seems a little surreal. Although I am a member of other online communities, I feel that a blog is something like a personal journey; a personal movement. But if my movements are so personal and ‘private’ then why am I part of a global online community? Hmmm. Something I’ve only realised through the first lesson with Nigel. The principles and ideas behind the internet and World Wide Web (which by the way are 2 different things which I learnt only a week ago!) are intriguing and much more influential then I perhaps first realised.


Writing a Blog

Its new, different and something I’m slowly coming to terms with. Its somewhere I can post my thoughts my opinions and view, Its like a voice. A place to express, share and voice my opinion, somewhere I can collate MY journey. I describe it as a journey, because its something I haven’t done before, as well a journey, its an experience…

Well that’s my first thoughts… may sound strange, but I’m starting to like the idea of a blog… May even become addictive! Who knows…


My motivational thought for week 1:

"Continuous effort--not strength or intelligence--is the key to unlocking our potential." -

Author: Winston Churchill

Further Reading / Research :

- Look over what we’ve covered in the past 2 lessons
- Think about my thoughts about working in groups
- Brainstorm some ideas for our group work



No comments: